A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
This is a prototype for a 2D platformer game. I am developing this game for learning purposes and it might be far from over. Or I might just start something new tomorrow. I do not know.
The main purpose of this is to learn new skills and bring together some different aspects of game development I wanted to try out. This version currently has:
- A spell caster class completely decoupled from the player. (so that in the near future there might be other element-caster classes without much effort)
- So far 4 spells: fireball, firewall, firedash and conflagrate.
- Spell interaction
- A complete 2D controller for the actors
- A movement AI for enemies
- Enemies do not attack, they just move around and use raycasting to predict the jumps.
- Enemies have a basic aggro system, so they do not follow the player forever.
- Basic Damage and Health systems
- Objectives scattered around the map that will allow the player to proceed to the next level (should there ever be other levels)
- OnFire debuff (comprised of a slow component and a DOT component)
- Knockback system
- Spawning system with max difficulty set in the inspector
Currently working on enemy attacks.
wasd or arrow keys -> movement
space bar -> jump
ZXCV -> spells
Esc -> pause (freeze)
alt-f4 -> close the game
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.